Whether you are just starting your business or have been at it for a few years, taking control of your bookkeeping and accounting is the first step towards always being able to know where you stand—from anywhere, at anytime, in real-time. Kashoo gives you all of the accounting tools you need (and none you don't) to do just that.
But accounting is accounting, and sometimes there's a learning curve. That's why we created Kashoo U, a library of useful content that can help you master your books. From bookkeeping basics to getting started with Kashoo to more complex accounting topics, Kashoo U has you covered.
1. Getting Started
2. Accounting 101
- What Is Accounting and Why Do I Need It?
- What Are the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)?
- What Is an Account in Accounting?
- What Are the Different Account Types in Accounting?
- What Is an Accounting Transaction?
- What Is the Difference Between a Bookkeeper and an Accountant?
- Accrual-Basis Vs Cash-Basis Accounting
- The Anatomy of an Income Statement
- How to Manage Your Cash Flow (and Avoid Going out of Business)
3. Principles of Accounting
- What Is a Debit and Credit in Accounting?
- What Is Accounts Payable and Why Does It Matter?
- What Is Accounts Receivable and Why Does It Matter?
- Accounts Receivable Vs Accounts Payable
- What Is Bank Reconciliation?
- What Is a Bad Debt?
- What Is the Cost of Goods Sold?
- Appreciation Vs Depreciation
- What Is Working Capital and Why Is It Important?
- What Are Arrears in Accounting?
- What Is a Drawing Account?
- What Are Absorbed Costs?
4. Understanding the Numbers
- What Is a Balance Sheet?
- How to Read a Balance Sheet
- What Is a Chart of Accounts?
- What Is a General Ledger
- How to Read a P&L Statement