A favourite business quote of mine is: “Profit is not just the money you make, it’s the money that you track and keep!” As a small business owner, you know how important it is to keep up with your finances, but you also know how important your finances are to your success. When you choose the best small business accounting software designed specifically for the needs of you and your company, you can save time and money in the long run by taking just a few hours setting up your software correctly the first time. You will especially appreciate that Kashoo Small Business Accounting is also an app that is a fully-functional double-entry accounting program that also follows all of the rules of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles). Here are the first seven steps you should take:
- Ensure that your small business accounting software has a comprehensive, yet easy-to-understand setup wizard for starting the setup process.
- Add your users and authorize all of your accounts with the proper access codes and passwords.
- Set up your sales and other taxes according to your taxing jurisdiction.
- Complete any customization of your forms.
- Link your software to any third-party applications and online banking applications you will be using.
- Import your financial data; setup the auto-import function.
- Familiarize yourself with the Knowledge Base support topics.
Once your online accounting software is set up, you can start keeping track of your finances immediately. With regular use, you will of course continue to tweak and adjust as necessary, but the complete initial setup will be the foundation of your newfound bookkeeping and accounting software.
Kashoo Inc. (https://kashoo.com) develops easy-to-use accounting and bookkeeping software for small business owners around the world. Check out the company’s iPad app, ideal for entrepreneurs on the move. Founded in 2008, Kashoo is located in Vancouver, Canada. For more information about Kashoo, visit https://kashoo.com.